I am going to use my favourite drinks to marinate a picanha. I hear you saying that you just have to drink the whiskey and the coffee and grill the picanha, but trust me, it’s a good idea.The flavours complement the picanha without losing the characteristics of the meat.
How well is this recipe
- 1 piece picanha
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 100 ml whiskey
- 200 ml coffee cold brewed
- 2 pieces bay leafs
- 1 tbsp peppercorns
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp salt
- Cut the picanha into 2,5 finger-thick steaks and put them in a ziplock bag.
- Pour the whiskey and the coffee in the bag with the rest of the ingredients for the marinade.
- Push out as much out of the bag as possible before closing the bag. Let the meat marinate in the fridge for at least four hours.
- Fire up your grill with two zones. One with direct and one with indirect heat.
- Take the steaks out of the bag and pat them dry with some paper towels.
- Carve the fat cap of the steaks and rub the sea salt in the fat.
- Grill the steaks until you see nice grill marks, and then place them on the indirect side.
- Let them sit to a core temperature of 54ºC/129°F. Let the steak rest for a few minutes before slicing them.
Calories: 192kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 12gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 5395mgPotassium: 248mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 57IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 28mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.