I bought a waffle iron, and I instantly started getting creative. I thought about making a waffle steak. And after asking Morrison if this was a good idea, I started.
This waffle steak fit’s perfect between some slices of white bread, and I’m curious what you can make with them.
- 500 grams of ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp of bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp of garam masala
- 1/2 tbsp of table salt
- sliced white bread
- grated cheese
- Combine the ground beef with the egg, bread crumbs, seasoning and salt. Mix it to a paste-like consistency.
- Heat the waffle iron and spray some no-stick spray on the surface.
- Take a ball of mixed ground beef and press it in the waffle form. Make sure it reaches all the sides and corners.
- Close the iron and wait till the meat comes loose from the iron by itself. When it does you check the core temperature. This should be 70°C (158F).
- Toast some bread with some grated cheese and add the waffle steak, tomato, lettuce and some ketchup.
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.