If you're looking for a delicious and unique twist on traditional BBQ recipes, you'll want to try this viral pork belly chicharrones recipe made on the BBQ. This recipe takes pork belly, a flavorful cut of meat, and transforms it into crispy, crunchy, and addictive chicharrones that will leave you craving for more. The magic happens on the grill, where the pork belly is cooked until it is tender and juicy, then finished in frying oil to get that crispy skin that is so satisfying to bite into. The result is a dish that combines the smoky flavor of BBQ with the irresistible texture of chicharrones, making it a perfect appetizer or snack for any occasion. In this recipe, we'll show you how to make this crowd-pleasing dish step-by-step, so fire up the grill and let's get cooking!
- 1,5 kg porkbelly with skin
- 5 bay leaves
- 20 pepper corns
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 red onions quartered
- 1 kg pork or beef tallow
- Classic Guacamole
- Salsa Roja
- Slice the porkbelly into 2 finger thick slices.
- Grab a mortar and pestle and grind fine bay leaves, pepper corns, salt, garlic and 2 red onions.
- Mix the marinade together with the porkbelly slices.
- Fire up your BBQ and set it for inderect heat.
- Start smoking the porkbelly at a temperature of 120°C/248°F for around 1 hour.
- Heat up a cast iron skillet with enough tallow to submerge the porkbelly strips.
- Fry the smoked porkbelly strips at a temperature of 160°/320°F untill it's crispy.
- Make some Salsa and guacamole on the side for dipping and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Masterbuilt for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.