This is the most Nordic way to eat a burger, where wild game meets fast food.
How well is this recipe
- 500 ml sunflower oil
- 2 piece eggs
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dille
- 3 tbsp red berry Scandinavian
- 3 piece beetroots
- 4 piece mozzarella cheese
- 1 bowl flower
- 1 bowl eggs 4 eggs is plenty
- 1 bowl breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp thyme dried
- 2 tsp dille fresh
- 2 tsp parsley fresh
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 500 gram chopped ground venison
- 1 piece egg
- 3 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 8 slice goat cheese
- 100 gram raw spinach
- 1 piece sweet onion
- Season the ground venison with the parsley, thyme, garlic and the egg yoke.
- Mix this well until it all starting to get thicker and sticking together.
- Start making patty’s on some baking paper.
- Now it’s time to make a good mayonaise, grab a measuring cup and add the sunflower in to it.
- Add the eggs, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Use your immersion blender until you got a smooth mayonaise texture.
- Chop fine the beetroots and the berry’s and add them to your mayonaise.
- Slice the goat cheese in to long sticks.
- Grab 3 bowls, one for the flower, one for the eggs and one for the breadcrumbs.
- Season the breadcrumbs with the thyme, dille, parsley and garlic and mix it with the breadcrumbs.
- Dip each mozzarella stick in the flower, then the eggs and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Repeat this process one more time for each mozzarella stick and set this on a cooling rack.
- Setup your barbecue up for a smoking session and add some beech wood.
- Smoke the burgers indirect for about 30 minutes, then take them of and let them rest.
- Now set your barbecue up for direct grilling and pump up the temperature.
- Slice some burger buns open and grill the inside to make it crunchy.
- Quickly sear both sides of the burger patty’s and add some goat cheese over it.
- Once your cheese is melted your burgers are done.
- Now it’s time to build your burger.
- Grab the bottom bun and add some beetroot-mayonaise and add some raw spinach on it.
- Add one burger patty on it followed by some more beetroot-mayonaise and then add the second patty.
- Again add some more mayonaise and top it off with some more spinach, put the cap on and your burger is done!
- Fry the cheese sticks in a frying pan at around 180 degrees Celsius (360 degrees Fahrenheit) until they are golden brown.
- Serve this with some soda and you got yourself an epic menu!
Calories: 1604kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 46gFat: 150gSaturated Fat: 27gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 111gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 252mgSodium: 473mgPotassium: 985mgFiber: 4gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 3573IUVitamin C: 23mgCalcium: 196mgIron: 8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.