This recipe for homemade vegetable beef soup is easy to make and is a perfect comforting fall and winter soup. You can easily change the recipe to your liking and use any vegetable you like.
- 1 tbsp goose fat
- 1 piece carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 300 grams beef shank
- 2 litre water
- 3 twigs fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped flat leaf
- 1 clove garlic
- Chop the carrot and the celery. Put a large pan or dutch oven on the fire and let it come up to temperature.
- Add a tablespoon of goose fat to the pan and let it melt. Throw in the carrot and celery and stir-fry until it turns soft.
- Dice the beef shank and add it to the mix. Stir-fry it until the meat turns light brown.
- Pour the water into the pan. Add the thyme, parsley and garlic and put a lid on the pan. Let this simmer for 2 hours.
Calories: 97kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 10gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 48mgPotassium: 262mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 2714IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 24mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Moesta for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.