I butchered a leg of veal that had been dry-ageing for ten weeks. I put a lot of that meat in my freezer but saved an excellent cut to make this roulade.This veal leg roulade is easy to make and lets the meat shine. And it still looks fancy enough to serve at a dinner with friends or family.
How well is this recipe
- 1 kg topside of beef
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped flat leave
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp sage chopped
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- Butterfly the beef as you see me do in the video. You can also ask your butcher to do this for you.
- Lay the beef flat in front of you and cover it with the parsley, pressed garlic, sage, salt and pepper.
- Roll the meat tightly and tie it up with butcher twine.
- Sear the roulade to the point that you see it formed a crust and then let it slowly come up to a core temperature of 52ºC/126°F.
Calories: 640kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 43gFat: 50gSaturated Fat: 19gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 3gCholesterol: 178mgSodium: 1938mgPotassium: 693mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 86IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 60mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Moesta for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.