I discovered that you could buy a roll of seasoned bone marrow. Immediately I got some ideas to use it, including this fantastic garlic sauce. What better way to try this sauce than on a thick tomahawk steak.
- 1 piece steak
- 50 gram butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 clove garlic
- 300 ml beef stock
- 50 gram bone marrow
- 1 tbsp green peppercorns
- Slice the complete bulb of garlic. Put up a pan and melt some butter. Put in the sliced garlic bulb, and let it brown.
- Season it with some salt. Take it all out of the pan and set aside. Clean the pan for the next step.
- Melt another knob of butter and add the flour to make a Roux. Mix it all up and let it brown before you add the beef fond. Stir it until you have a nice golden sauce.
- Slice up the bone marrow and ad it to the sauce. Let it melt and then put in the green peppercorns. Put the fried garlic back in the pan and stir it well.
- Grill up the steak to your liking and serve it with the bone marrow garlic sauce.
Calories: 258kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 14gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 336mgPotassium: 302mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 326IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 15mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.