We are going to take a tomahawk steak and grill it with peanut butter, will this change everything for the tomahawk? Manny tried and failed. This recipe was a success follow this recipe and you will be amazed.
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sambal oelek
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 5 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped chives
- Season the tomahawk steak with some salt and pepper.
- Fire up your grill with medium charcoal and place the heat deflectors and the grill grates. Set your tomahawk over indirect heat with the meater themometer placed inside.
- Grab a pan and start heating up your coconut milk aloong with the sugar and the soy sauce until the sugar dissolves.
- Then add the peanutbutter gruadually by waiting until it mixes enough after every spoon full.
- Finish the sauce by adding the sambal and the fresh cilantro.
- Take out your tomahawk steak at 54°C/130°F and let it rest.
- Take out the heatdeflectors and add more charcoal if the power of the bbq is low.
- Brush the sauce onto your tomahawk.
- Then start searing your tomahawk on high temperatures for around 1/1½ minutes each side.
- Slice the steak up after resting and pour some more sauce on.
Calories: 253kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 6gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 13gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gSodium: 274mgPotassium: 260mgFiber: 1gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 39IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 24mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.