This is how you can cook a steak with the best hot sauce in the world! SAMBAL It’s a hot sauce made from chili peppers. (Spanish pepper) It isn’t a brand….It’s a phenomenon! Sambal has a lot of flavor. Onion, garlic, ginger, salt, but most importantly vinegar.And that is a great base for a marinade.
How well is this recipe
- 1 piece Tomahawk steak
Sambal BBQ sauce
- 3 tbsp peanut oil
- ¼ cup sambal
- 3 tbsp white vinegar Distilled
- 1 tbsp worcestersaus
- ½ cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Put a nice thick layer of sambal all over the tomahawk.
- Cover the bone and put the whole tomahawk in a vacuum bag.
- Draw out all the air that’s inside of it and seal it.
- Let it marinade for 2 hours. (6 hours without a vacuum)
- Time to make the BBQ sauce. Grab a pan an heat it up, add the ingredients and let it come up to a boil, stir it up and your sauce is done!
- Fire up your barbecue and set it up for a smoke session 120°C/250°F.
- Place your tomahawk into the barbecue and let it smoke until it hits a core temperature of 52°C/125°F.
- Get the tomahawk out of the barbecue and let it rest, so it can slowly cool down.
- Meanwhile, heat up your barbecue for grilling so you can make that beautiful sear.
- Sear it on both sides and your steak is done!
Calories: 284kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 12gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 373mgPotassium: 275mgFiber: 1gSugar: 16gVitamin A: 175IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 14mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.