We are going to make 3 different styles of chimichurri to brighten up some nice steaks. The original version is simply beautiful, but why not try to make it better.Let’s make a spicy one with a nice afterburn and a jalapeño and cheese version to make it interesting.
How well is this recipe
- ½ cup parsley chopped
- 3 clove garlic
- ½ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp oregano dry
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 piece chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- ½ piece red hot chili pepper
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp pickled jalapeño
- 75 gram English Cheddar
- Chop the garlic, sprinkle on some salt and use the top of your knife to work it into a paste.
- Put it in a bowl with the parsley, the olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, and add some salt and pepper by taste.
- Mix it all up and you’re done.
- For the spicy version, you start with the classic chimichurri.
- Add some chopped sun-dried tomato, chipotle pepper, and the half chili pepper. Now add the lime juice to brighten it up.
- Again, start with the classic one.
- Then we add some chopped pickled jalapeño with the grated English cheddar.
Calories: 355kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 5gFat: 35gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 810mgPotassium: 157mgFiber: 3gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 1211IUVitamin C: 22mgCalcium: 214mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.