This recipe is all about how to make chicken ribs. Yes, you read that right, chicken ribs. Everybody knows pork ribs. They are soft tender delicious and they taste amazing.
Can we do the same thing but with chicken? Why not make chicken ribs? We are taking apart a chicken and make fantastic chicken ribs.
- 200 ml chicken broth
- 1 cup of ketchup
- 3 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tbs mustard
- ½ tbs ketjap manis
- 2 tsp worcestershiresauce
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1 part salt
- ¼ part fresh ground black pepper
- ⅛ part garlic powder
- ⅛ part onion powder
- ½ part paprika powder
- Start off by cutting your chicken in half
- Take off the backbone but leave all the other bones. Take off the leg and the wing.
- Mix all the ingredients for the BBQ rub
- drizzle on some olive oil or Worcestershire sauce to make your rub stick. Sprinkle on your rub and fire up the grill.
- We’re grilling the chicken over indirect heat at a high position. Set the temperature of your barbecue at 140 degrees Celsius or 284 degrees Fahrenheit and let the chicken come up to temperature slowly.
- The chicken is done when the core temperature reaches a temperature of 75 degrees Celsius or 167 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the chicken is grilling, you can start making the sauce. Add all the ingredients come together and let it come to a boil. This will make sure all the crystals will dissolve.
- You’re going to brush this BBQ Sauce onto the chicken when it reaches the desired core temperature and let it rest for a bit.
Big thanks to Napoleon Grills for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.