I started cycling as a hobby but also to keep myself in shape. And because every physical activity uses a lot of energy, I make sure I do my best to recover after my workout.I do that with a good cool down and make sure I fill up with proteins and vitamins. I’ve got just the right burger to do that.
How well is this recipe
- 500 grams ground beef
- 8 slices bread thick slices
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 pieces streaky bacon
- ½ white onion
- 4 slices Gouda cheese
- 1 shot whisky
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp BBQ sauce your favorite
- Fire up your grill for direct heat and put a cast-iron grill plate or skillet on the fire to heat up.
- Cut the tomatoes in slices and the onion in rings. Peel the avocado and get rid of the pit. Also, slice the avocado.
- Grill the bacon until it’s golden brown. Take the bacon out and put some onion rings in 3 places in the skillet.
- Wait until the beef pattie has formed a nice crust before you flip them. Put the cheese on top.
- Sprinkle the whisky over the burger and wait for the cheese to meld. You could get some flare-ups.
- Take the patties out of the skillet and start building the recovery burger.
- Put one of the patties on a slice of bread and top it with some tomato. Then the next slice of bread and the next pattie. On this one, we put the avocado.
- Then we have another slice of bread with the last pattie, two pieces of bacon, bbq sauce and the last slice of bread.
Calories: 1606kcalCarbohydrates: 75gProtein: 79gFat: 104gSaturated Fat: 39gPolyunsaturated Fat: 8gMonounsaturated Fat: 45gTrans Fat: 3gCholesterol: 275mgSodium: 2765mgPotassium: 1846mgFiber: 13gSugar: 16gVitamin A: 1554IUVitamin C: 29mgCalcium: 646mgIron: 10mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.