I dreamed of this sandwich and I had to make it. Just to try if it was as good as in my dream. It’s almost like a quesadilla where the tortilla is made of cheese and all of that is stuffed in a pita roll. This is what Dutch pitmasters dream of.
- 1/2 inch entrecote or striploin steak
- 200 grams of grated cheese
- some lettuce
- pita rolls
For the hot sauce
- 5 spring onions
- 7 madam Jeanette peppers
- 150 grams of sundried tomatoes in oil
- Turn up the grill with 2 zones. One with direct heat and a cooler, indirect zone. Roast the spring onions and the peppers over the heat till they are charred.
- Take them off the grill and cut them up. Put them in a blender with the sundried tomatoes and grind them to a thick puree.
- Put the steaks on the cooler side with the pita rolls next to them and close the lid till the meat reaches a core temperature of 52°C (126F).
- Let the steak rest before you grill it over direct heat untill it has a nice crust.
- Place a pan on the grill and put in the grated cheese. Let it melt and let it cook until the bottom gets firm with a bit of a crust.
- Take the pan off the heat. Slice up the steak into strips and put it on half of the cheese circle. Now fold the other half over the steak.
- Slice open the pita bread. Put in some lettuce and hot sauce and stuff in the cheesesteak pancake.
- Defour this dreamy sandwich and let me know how it was.
Big thanks to Napoleon Grills for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.