If you get a group of hungry friends over you better prepare and make something delicious fast. This ham is going to make everybody happy and satisfied.
To make things easy we start with an already cooked ham and take it over the top with the sweetest glaze you can make. I didn’t say it was a healthy recipe.
- A whole farmers ham. Cooked and brined.
For the dry rub
- 1 part paprika powder
- 1 part onion powder
- 1 part white sugar
- 1/4 part garlic powder
- 1/4 part ground black pepper
For the glaze
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 1 cup of apple syrup
- 100 grams of butter
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon
- Mix the dry rub and sprinkle it with an even layer on the ham.
- Fire up your smoker with a temperature of 160°C (320F). Place the rubbed ham on the grates and close the lid.
- Add the ingredients for the glaze in a pan and let this simmer, while stirring, till the sugar is dissolved and you see a syrupy bubble appear.
- When the rub on the ham dried up and stuck to the surface of the meat, you can brush on the glaze. Make sure you brush on a thick layer.
- When the ham reaches a core temperature of 65°C (149F), you take it out of the smoker.
- Slice it into thin, or thick, slices and make some sandwiches with it.
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.