Looking for a foolproof way to cook the perfect BBQ steak every time? Look no further than the reversed sear technique! This method involves cooking the steak low and slow first, then searing it at the end to create a perfectly juicy and tender steak with a beautiful crust.For this recipe, we'll be using the tri tip steak, a flavorful and tender cut of beef that is perfect for grilling. With just a few simple steps, you can create the most easy and delicious BBQ steak in the world using the reversed sear technique.
- 700 grams tri tip steak
- 1 tbsp fleur de sel sea salt
- Take a sharp knife and cut in 2 opposite directions in the fap cap.
- Season the fat cap with a light sea salt.
- Stick a thermometer inside the center of the roast.
- Fire up your grill for indirect heat. I'm using 2 of the outside burners to create indirect heat in the middle.
- Let it roast at a temperature of 140°C/284°F .
- Take the roast of at a temperature of 54°C/129°F and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Fire up the Napoleon Sizzlezone or create the highest possible heat inside your BBQ.
- Sear of the steak for around 1,5 minutes on both sides.
- Let it rest again for 5 minutes and slice into the 3 directions of the grain ( watch video ).
Calories: 289kcalProtein: 36gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 1860mgPotassium: 555mgCalcium: 45mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.