I did the test and found out the difference between natural and sprayed brisket, and it’s a more tender brisket and a lot of flavour. That’s because by spraying the meat during the cook you slow down the cook so it’s getting more time to break down the connective tissue and melts the collagen.I am going to give you the best recipe for the spraying liquid to spray your brisket with. Just follow the steps on how to use it for your next brisket.
- 1 coffee machine
- 1 brisket whole
- 2 tbsp fleur de sel
- 2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 part salt
- ½ part ground black pepper
- 1 part paprika powder
- ½ part onion powder
- ½ part garlic powder
- ¼ part cumin powder
- ¼ part cinnamon powder
- 1 liter water hot
- 1 shot glass whisky
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Start by trimming the brisket and get rid of most of the outer layer of fat. There is no point in leaving it on if you are going to spray the meat. The spraying liquid is mostly water, and fat and water don’t mix.
- After trimming, we season the brisket, but keep it simple. Just sprinkle on an even layer of salt and pepper.
- Then we start up the smoker with an indirect temperature of 140°C/284°F. Put the brisket in and stick a thermometer in the meat. Close the lid.
- While the brisket is picking up smoke, we can make the spraying liquid. Mix the dry ingredients for the liquid and mix it with 1 liter of hot water. You can use my coffee maker method to do this.
- After that, we add the whisky and Worcestershire sauce and pour it into a spraying bottle.
- After 2 hours of smoking, the brisket has a nice smoke color, and now we can start spraying. Spray just enough of the liquid to get the meat wet. Close the lid directly before the smoker loses too much heat. Repeat this process every 30 minutes until the meat reaches a core temperature of 96°C/205°F.
- Wrap the brisket in butcher paper and put it in a cooler to rest for at least one hour or longer if you want. Inside the cooler, the brisket stays warm for very long.
Calories: 744kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 94gFat: 34gSaturated Fat: 12gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 281mgSodium: 4063mgPotassium: 1584mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 145IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 53mgIron: 9mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!