This is a recipe from my book BBQ Magic. And I can tell you this is really magic. Because mayonnaise consists of a lot of oil it’s perfect for searing of a thick steak.
The Dutch have the best mayonnaise and put it on everything. But I bet they never grilled a steak with mayonnaise. But that’s about to change.
- A thick steak. At least 2 fingers thick.
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- handful of parsley
- 5 slices of pickled jalapeño
- Chop the shallot, garlic, and parsley and put it in a mortar and pestle along with the slices of jalapeño. Mush it till it forms somewhat of a puree.
- Mix it with the mayonnaise and season it to taste with some pepper and salt.
- Fire up the grill with 2 zones and warm the steak on the indirect site.
- When the meat reaches a temperature of 52°C (125F) brush the steak with a thick layer of mayonnaise and sear it off over the direct zone.
- Let the steak rest for 10 minutes and slice it up.
Big thanks to Napoleon Grills for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.