Who doesn’t love crispy and juicy pork belly? This pork belly is so tender it’s almost pulled pork. In combination with the crispy skin, it’s irresistible.
I am going to give you my recipe and the technique for making the best pork belly you ever had.
- Pork belly skin on
- A large pan with boiling water
- 1 kilo of rock salt
Crispy pork belly rub
- 1 part fine salt
- 1 part paprika powder
- ½ curry powder
- 1/8 part onion powder
- 1/8 part garlic powder
- 1/8 part ginger powder
- 1/8 part black pepper
- Puncture the skin with a mechanical tenderizer, a sharp knife, or an awl.
- Hold the pork belly above the boiling pan of water and spoon hot water over the skin for 10 minutes.
- Take a non-Ferro tray and make a layer of rock salt and lay the pork belly skin down in the salt. Place the tray in the fridge overnight.
- The next day you brush off the rock salt and mix all the ingredients for the rub. Sprinkle the rub in an even and thick layer on the meat of the pork belly.
- Prepare your grill with a temperature of 190°C (375F). Lay the pork belly skin on in your grill and close the lid. Let the meat cook till the skin is crispy and the meat is cooked.
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.