I am a big fan of soy sauce and steak so I combined the two to make something fantastic. I marinated a beautiful ribeye in pimped-up ketjap manis.
Find out yourself if you think this is a good idea. I guarantee you, you will be pleasantly surprised.
- Bone-in ribeye
- 2 garlic cloves
- a thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1 shallot
- 1 lime
- 250 ml ketjap manis
- Cut and crush all the ingredients for the marinade and add it to the sweet soy sauce in a shallow bowl.
- Put the steak in and let it marinate for at least 6 hours in the fridge.
- Fire up the grill for an indirect temperature of 120°C (248F)
- Take the steak out of the fridge and the marinade and rinse off all the marinade under running cold water. Pat it dry with some paper towel.
- Put the ribeye on the grill and warm it to a core temperature of 52°C (126F).
- Next, sear the steak above direct heat so it can form a nice crust.
- Let the steak rest for 10 minutes before slicing it up.
Big thanks to Napoleon Grills for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.