Sauce is meat’s best friend since the beginning of times. They have made history together. Think of all those recipes that are now legendary because of the sauce. Chicken piri-piri, wouldn’t be what it is without the sauce. The same goes for Gyros and tzatziki, shoarma, and garlic sauce, churrasco chimichurri. They deserve to be in the spotlights. That’s why I created this recipe to honor the sauces. It goes great with roasted chicken and Pork.
- 5 tbsp honey
- 5 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 piece onion
- 1 piece yellow bell pepper
- 2 twigs thyme
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Slice the onion into thick slices and grill them until charred. Do the same for the bell pepper.
- Pluck the leaves from the thyme twigs.
- Now mix all the ingredients and bring it to a low boil.
- Let it cool down again and it’s ready to be served.
Calories: 259kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 1gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 15gSodium: 21mgPotassium: 130mgFiber: 1gSugar: 23gVitamin A: 234IUVitamin C: 58mgCalcium: 15mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Forged for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.