I found a giant red bass to smoke and made a fantastic recipe. This is going to be the ultimate summer fish dish.I made a great red bass dry rub and a limoncello dressing to go with it.
- 1 Pen thermometer
- 1 piece Red bass filets skin on
- 1 tbsp fleur de sel
- 1 piece grapefruit
Red bass rub
- 1 part raw can sugar
- 1 part paprika powder
- ⅛ part garlic powder
- ⅛ part onion powder
- ⅛ part ginger powder
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp limoncello
- 4 tbsp juice of a lime
- 1 tbsp raw cane sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- Take the red bass filets and dry brine them with a light coating of fleur de sell while you prepare the grill to smoke on a temperature of 90°C/194°F.
- Mix the dry rub and sprinkle it with an even layer on the meat side of the filets. Put the filets on the grill and close the lid.
- Take a cup and mix all the ingredients for the dressing.
- The red bass filets are ready when it starts to flake and the meat is no longer transparent. The filets are extremely tender so you have to take them off with an extra long spatula.
- Remove the plate setter and let the temperature in the grill rise.
- Slice the grapefruit and take off the peel. Grill them on both sides.
- Place the grilled grapefruit on the smoked red bass and sprinkle some of the dressing.
Calories: 389kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 41gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 180mgSodium: 1926mgPotassium: 701mgFiber: 2gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 1069IUVitamin C: 24mgCalcium: 56mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.