There are different ways to cook a big rib roast. But grilling it on a rotisserie is the easiest. I stuffed it and basted it while it was grilling.This rib roast is flavoured from the in- and outside and couldn’t be any more perfect. I roasted some pumpkins underneath the roast, but these could also be some potatoes.
- 4 pieces bone rib roast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 piece whole pumpkin
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 piece shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100 grams Spanish serrano ham
- 200 grams mushrooms
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 part sea salt
- ½ part ground white pepper
- ¼ part thyme dried
- ¼ part onion powder
- ¼ part garlic powder
- ¼ part paprika powder
- 250 grams butter
- Cut fine the shallot, garlic, ham and mushrooms. Put a pan on the fire and let the butter melt. Add the shallot and garlic and let this fry until the shallots turn brown and soft. Put in the mushrooms and Seranno ham and stir-fry this for a couple of minutes.
- Put it all in a blender and grind it to a smooth paste. Season it with some ground black pepper and salt.
- Butterfly the rib roast as I do in the video, or ask your butcher to do this. Spread the stuffing on the meat and roll it back up. Tie it up with butchers twine.
- Pierce the skewer into the roast so that it’s balanced. Lock it up in the middle.
- Sprinkle olive oil over the roast and sprinkle on some sea salt.
- Shave and deseed the pumpkin and cut it into slices. Place the slices in an oven tray and drizzle some olive oil over them. Then season them with salt and pepper.
- Start up your grill with a low direct heat of about 150ºC (302F). Place the rib roast in the rotisserie, put the oven tray with the pumpkin underneath, and close the lid.
- While the roast is cooking, we can make the baste. Put a pan on the fire and let the butter melt. Add 2 tbsp of the mixed herbs and stir well.
- Brush the baste on the rib roast every 15 minutes until it reaches the core temperature, or the baste is gone.
- When the rib roast reaches a core temperature of 54ºC (129F), you take it off the grill and rest for 20 minutes before slicing it.
Calories: 671kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 14gFat: 60gSaturated Fat: 35gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 2gCholesterol: 156mgSodium: 2790mgPotassium: 1385mgFiber: 3gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 30637IUVitamin C: 33mgCalcium: 103mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.