Do you know how to make a beef roast even better? You stuff it with all kinds of good things. This stuffed beef tenderloin is a complete meal all by itself. This is the perfect recipe to entertain some hungry guests.
Of course, I made an extra-large version of this but the recipe is based on a smaller piece of meat. Do you want to make the same roast? Just multiply everything by three.
- 1,5 kg of beef tenderloin
- 150 grams of fine cut bacon
- 2 cloves of garlic. mashed
- 100 ml of tomato sauce
- 1 handful of chopped parsley
- olive oil
- 1 fine sliced onion
- 1 egg
- 2 slices of cheese
- Fry up the bacon in a pan till it’s crispy. Take the bacon out but leave the fat.
- Put the garlic, tomato sauce, and parsley in the pan and let it simmer for a few minutes. Season it with some salt.
- Clean the pan and fry the onion slices in a bit of olive oil and fry an egg.
- Make a pocket in the beef tenderloin as you see in the video. Make sure you don’t cut too deep.
- Put the slices of cheese in the pocket. Follow with the tomato sauce, the bacon, the onions, and the egg. Finish it with some parsley.
- Place the stuffed beef tenderloin in a grill basket and sprinkle on some olive oil and salt on both sides.
- Fire up your grill and roast the meat to a core temperature of 54°C (129F)
- Take the stuffed tenderloin out of the basket and let it rest for a couple of minutes before slicing it.
Big thanks to Napoleon Grills for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.