I got a beautiful rib roast, but it has so much meat, that we need to add a lot of flavor to it.And the best way to add as much as possible flavor to it, is to butterfly it and stuff it with amazing ingredients.
- 1 piece whole rib roast
- 6 slices butter thin
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 10 tbsp PitmasterX's beef rub see link for ingredients
- 5 tbsp PitmasterX Toscane butter
- Grab the rib roast and remove the skin from the bone, get as much meat and silver skin from the bone.
- Trim off the fat on the cap, there is a silver skin underneath which you want to remove.
- Once you have done that we want to add as much flavor as possible, so we are going to butterfly the steak.
- Start with the seasoning by creating the PitmasterX beef rub.
- Sprinkle it on the inside of the rib, place some thin slices of butter on top of the rub and roll it up.
- Tie it up with some butchers twine and rub the outside of the rib with some mustard and add more of the PitmasterX beef rub over the mustard.
- Set up your BBQ for a smoke session (we use hickory) and set the temperature at 140°C/248°F.
- Place the rib roast into the BBQ and stick in a thermometer.
- In the meantime, we are going to make the Toscane butter, click on the ingredients link how to make the butter.
- Wait till the core temperature is 54°C/130°F then it's time to take the rib roast out of the BBQ.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes and you are done!
Calories: 16kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 1gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 93mgPotassium: 12mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 43IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 5mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!