Man, I had some terrible memory’s with strohrum. At a young age I took a bottle and drunk some of this stuff with a friend of mine; Let me tell you…. That was not a good idea. This is why I had a bad memory with strohrum for the rest of my life.People don’t drink this, use it for cooking.
How well is this recipe
- 2 pieces steaks dry aged black angus
- 1 bottle strohrum
- 1 part salt
- 1 part pepper
- ½ part chili powder
- ⅛ part garlic powder
- ⅛ part onion powder
Cherry strohrum sauce
- 1 piece white onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 ½ cup cherries
- ½ tbsp salt
- ¼ cup strohrum
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Start with mixing all the ingredients for the rub and mix them well together.
- Sprinkle it all over your steaks.
- Fire up your barbecue and set it up for indirect cooking.
- Place the steaks in the center and (if you have one) use a thermometer for monitoring the temperature.
- Slowly let the core temperature come up to 52°C/125°F so we can sear it later.
- Warm up a pan and add the chopped onion and garlic.
- Add the salt, tomato puree the cumin powder, cherry’s, and the strohrum and stir it well.
- Add some apple cider vinegar and let it cool down as the fluid is reduced.
- Puree the sauce in a kitchen machine and put it back into the pan.
- Let this simmer in your pas for 3 more minutes and your sauce is done.
- If the steaks hitting the right temperature take them off the grill and let them rest, now it time for the searing.
- Remove the heat deflectors and set your barbecue for a searing session.
- Place a cast iron pan in the center of your grill and let it come up to temperature.
- If the pan is searing hot and the steaks are completely cooled down it’s time to put some olive oil into the pan and place the steaks into the pan.
Warning: the next bit is dangerous! be careful and keep your distance!
- Ware some cloves and sprinkle some strohrum over the steaks and let the flames sear the steak golden brown.
- Cut the steaks in thin slices and poor some sauce over it.
Calories: 535kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 1285mgPotassium: 205mgFiber: 2gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 88IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 27mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.