If you want to dive into the realm of Wagyu there is no need to buy the most expensive japanese wagyu steak in my opinion. Australian wagyu ribeye is already such a good steak But you should at least eat it in Shiitake style. This recipe is a total flavor bomb and it would bring any quality steak to life but eating an Australian Wagyu steak with a stir fried recipe like this on the side hits the jackpot every time.Stir Fried Shiitake with amazing Steak that comes from the Australian Wagyu cow. It’s an affordable Michelin dish that every steak enthusiast should try.
- 600 grams Australian wagyu
- ½ tbsp fleur de sel sea salt
Shiitake stir fry
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tbsp green onion chopped
- 1 red chili pepper sliced
- 1 green chili pepper sliced
- 250 grams shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 50 ml soy sauce
- 50 ml oyster sauce
- ½ tbsp sesame seeds
- For this type of steak i like to use a cast iron grille plate with a smooth surface. So i'm starting this cook by heating the plate.
- I'm not using any oil or fat on the plate an also i'm not seasoning the 2 steaks up front. (NOTE – If you're using a steak with less fat than an australian wagyu you should use an oil.)
- Put the steaks on the screaming hot griddle plate and make sure that the steak makes good contact by pressing it with a flat hand.
- Close the lit of your BBQ and let the fat render down.
- The steak will now fry in it's own fat and create a beautifull brown maillard crust.
- Check the steak for color on top , flip it to the other side and close the lit again.
- Check with a thermometer and once they reached a temperature of 52°C/126°F
- Let it rest on a cuttingboard and finnish with light sea salt.
Shiitake stir fry
- Fire up your sizzle zone on the Napoleon. If your not using a napoleon I would highly recommend using the hottest possible way to warm up your cast iron skillet or wok.
- Put in 200 ml of sunflower oil and start frying 2 cloves of chopped garlic followed by the rest of the ingredients untill the Shiitake.
- Stir fry untill the Shiitake mushrooms turn soft and add soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame seeds.
- Create a bed of the stir fried Shiitake and put the sliced steak on top.
Calories: 1134kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 67gFat: 90gSaturated Fat: 24gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 59gCholesterol: 183mgSodium: 4054mgPotassium: 1360mgFiber: 5gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 320IUVitamin C: 37mgCalcium: 70mgIron: 7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.