Instant noodles. The magic food that has kept many students alive after leaving their parents home. Even I cannot begin to count the number of instant noodles I must have eaten.
When Morrison asked me to please make and Instant noodle steak experiment, I just had to say yes. I am going to cook a ribeye that’s been marinated in instant noodles seasoning.
- 1 bone-in ribeye
- 10 packages of instant beef flavored noodles
For the noodle soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chili pepper
- a thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 shallot
- 2 liters of beef broth
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- Finely sliced cabbage
- Julienne sliced carrots
- Thinly sliced spring onions
- Unpack the noodle packages and separate the noodles, the oil and the seasoning. Mix half of the seasoning with the oil. That is our marinade.
- Marinate your steak and put it in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
- Prepare your barbecue for indirect grilling and a temperature of 140°C (284F). Place your steak on the cooler side of the grill, close the lid, and let the meat come up to a temperature of 52°C (150F).
- In the meantime, put a little olive oil in a pan and fry a sliced chili pepper, some finely chopped ginger, garlic, and shallot. When it’s all soft and a little bit charred, take the pan off the fire.
- Next, put on a pan with 2 liters of beef broth and the miso paste. Add the stir-fried spices. Put in 4 pieces of noodles and stir until the noodles are done.
- When the steak is the desired temperature of 52°C (150F), take it off and let the heat in the barbecue rise. Sear the steak on both sides for a perfect crust.
- Place the noodles in a bowl with some of the cabbage and carrots and pour over some of the beef broth.
- Slice your steak against the grain and serve it with the noodle soup.
Big thanks to Napoleon Grills for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.