Of course, you can bake pizza in a pizza oven. But a good pizza oven can do much more than just bake pizza.
Why not cook a nice steak in your pizza oven. Or a complete steak dinner. The extreme heat from your pizza oven is perfect to sear a juicy, tender steak in a couple of minutes.
- Olive oil
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Table salt
- 2 white onions
- 250 grs of an assortment of mushrooms
- 250 grs of cherry tomatoes
- 200 grs of deseeded black olives
- 2 tbsp of capers
- 2 tbsp of grated Pecorino cheese
- a finger-thick ribeye
- Finishing salt
- Heat your pizza oven to a temperature of 250 to 300°C (480 to 580F). Heat a cast-iron pan in the oven.
- Cut the mushrooms into smaller pieces and slice the onions.
- Take the pan out of the oven and pour in a little bit of olive oil and a stick of butter. Add the mushrooms with a little salt and pepper.
- Put the pan back in the oven until the mushrooms are golden brown. Take the mushrooms out of the pan and on a plate.
- Put a new stick of butter in the pan with the onions and some salt and pepper. Let the onions cook in the pizza oven until they turn brown and soft. Add them to the plate with mushrooms.
- Do the tomatoes in the pan with the olives and the capers. Let the tomatoes turn soft in the pizza oven and add this to the mushrooms and onions pile. Grate some Pecorino on top.
- Put the ribeye steak in the pan and put the pan in the pizza oven. Sear the steak to a core temperature of 55°C (130F). Sprinkle on some finishing salt while it rests.
- Slice the steak and serve it with the mushrooms, onions and tomatoes.
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.