This is the recipe my friends and family ask me to make every time to make when they come over. And the reason is very simple. It’s just so good.And it isn’t very difficult to make. I am going to show you how so you can surprise your friends the next time they come over.
- 1 piece whole chicken
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 4 piece fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 part fleur de sel
- 1 part paprika powder
- ½ part turmeric
- ⅛ part cayenne pepper optional
- ¼ part onion powder
- ¼ part garlic powder
Butter basting sauce
- 150 gram butter
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tbsp finely cut chives
- 2 clove finely cut garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- Cut your chicken in half by using poultry scissors. First, cut out the backbone and then cut through the breast bone.
- Mix the rub and brush some mustard on the chicken halves. Then sprinkle on an even layer of rub on all sides.
- Fire up your grill with an indirect temperature of 120°C/248°F and some smoke wood.
- Skewer the chicken on the rotisserie and place the device in your grill. Let the chicken come up to a temperature of 70°C/158°F.
- In the meantime, you make the butter basting sauce by melting the butter in a pan. Mix in the oregano leaves, chives, garlic and the salt.
- When the chicken reaches 70°C/158°F you brush on the basting sauce with the parsley used as a brush.
- The chicken is ready when it reaches a core temperature of 75°C/167°F. Take them off the skewers and split the chickens in breasts, legs, wings and drumettes.
Calories: 691kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 36gFat: 59gSaturated Fat: 28gPolyunsaturated Fat: 7gMonounsaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 223mgSodium: 1146mgPotassium: 420mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 1486IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 61mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.