I love to turn my brisket into a sandwich and the best thing to add to a fatty beef sandwich is something sour. This Spicy & Sour Coleslaw is perhaps the best and versatile side dish on this website.Spicy & Sour Coleslaw, Rich in flavor and can be used to compensate for fatty pulled pork and brisket. Every pitmaster should master this.
- 300 grams Chinese cabbage
- 500 ml vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- Grab a big jar that you can close off. I'm using one that can hold about 1 liters
- Slice fine a Chinese cabbage and put half of it in the jar. Press it down with your hands.
- Add 500 ml of vinegar to it along with3 tbsp of sugar, 1 tbsp of salt, 1 tbsp of black pepper and 1 tbsp of chili flakes.
- Close the lit, shake it up and set it in the fridge. The longer you leave this jar alone the better it gets!
Calories: 39kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 1gFat: 0.2gSaturated Fat: 0.04gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.04gSodium: 907mgPotassium: 64mgFiber: 1gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 404IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 22mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!