We like to combine things here at our BBQ Barn and combining a classic like Beer Can Chicken as a technique together with Korean BBQ is a fusion that is bound to happen and so it did. This Korean Spicy BBQ Chicken is the flavor you need in your life. And together with the beer can chicken holder this is something that you cannot fail. The juiciest and spiciest BBQ Chicken of your life.
- whole free range chicken
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp fleur de sel sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 chili peppers chopped fine
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ fleur de sel sea salt
- ½ black pepper
- 90 grams butter
Korean BBQ Sauce
- 2 pears
- 2 shallots
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2½ tbsp ginger
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 6 tbsp chili paste
- 1 tbsp merin
- 1 tbsp fleur de sel sea salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Grab a bowl and mix all the ingredients from the Chili Butter.
- Put on some gloves and try to fiddle in the butter underneath the skin. I managed to get around 2 tbsp of that butter underneath my chicken skin on both sides.
- Add some olive oil on the outside of your chicken and sprinkle some salt and pepper on top for seasoning.
- Fire up your smoker and set it for a temperature of 140C/285F.
- Fill your beercan cup with the juice of 1 lime
- Place the chicken on top of your beercan tray and put it inside the BBQ
- Let your chicken smoke and start with your Korean Sauce.
Korean BBQ Sauce
- Grab a big blender and add the diced pears, shallots, cloves of garlic and ginger and blend it together.
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, chili paste, merin, honey,lime juice and the other half of your chili's form before and blend again.
- Taste it and add salt to taste.
Spicy BBQ chicken
- Grab a brush and brush on your sauce onto the chicken. Let it develope into bark while drying ontop of the skin and brush it again.
- Repeat this process around 3/4 times untill your chicken reaches a temperature of 72 degrees celcius.
- PRO TIP: if your sauce did not develope into bark yet by the time it hits 68 degrees then boost the temperature for a final stretch.
Calories: 652kcalCarbohydrates: 65gProtein: 5gFat: 46gSaturated Fat: 25gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 6127mgPotassium: 667mgFiber: 9gSugar: 34gVitamin A: 1564IUVitamin C: 35mgCalcium: 89mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Masterbuilt for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.