We made some Spanish pork ribs. We didn’t smoke but grilled them the way they do in Spain. We made some patatas bravas to go with it just to keep the theme going.I love this recipe, and I am sure everyone is going to like it.
- 1 piece Iberico ribs
- 1 tbsp Fleur de sel
- 1 kg Floury potatoes
- 2 L vegetable oil
For the bravas sauce
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 piece onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 0.5 L Chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt and pepper To taste
- 1 tsp cayenne powder To taste
For the patatas spice mix
- 1 tsp fleur de sel
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- For these ribs, we leave the membrane on. This is membrane is going to protect the meat from drying out while being grilled.
- Sprinkle on some salt and let this flavor the ribs for half an hour while you start up the grill with the temperature as low as possible. Place the ribs on the grill with the membrane down.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into bite-sized chunks. Rinse the potatoes in cold water and boil them until almost cooked through. Let them dry on a cooling rack.
- Now let’s make the bravas sauce. Chop the garlic and onion and cook them in a pan with some olive oil. Make sure to not let it burn. Add the paprika powder and the flour. Then add the chicken stock while you keep stirring.
- Let the sauce thicken a bit and season it with salt and pepper to taste and as much cayenne powder as you can handle. Put the sauce in a bullet blender and pulse it to a smooth consistency.
- Keep an eye on your ribs and move, flip and rotate them so they cook evenly while keeping them from burning.
- Warm the oil for the patatas to 160°C (320F). Put the potatoes in gently and fry them till they have a yellow/gold color. Take them out and let them cool down on the rack.
- The ribs are ready when the meat pulls back from the bone and the meat can be poked easily with a toothpick. Take the ribs off the grill and wrap them in aluminum foil to rest.
- Let the oil in the pan rise to 180°C (365F) and fry the patatas short to a nice golden brown. Let the oil drip off on the cooling rack. Mix the spice rub and sprinkle some on the patatas bravas.
- Unwrap the ribs, Cut them into pieces and serve with the patatas bravas and the sauce.
Calories: 4498kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 4gFat: 502gSaturated Fat: 77gPolyunsaturated Fat: 287gMonounsaturated Fat: 114gTrans Fat: 3gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 3132mgPotassium: 266mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 1578IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 25mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.