When the opportunity arises to smoke a large chunk of meat I always get super excited. And when it’s a whole Iberico pork leg it’s even better.Smoking a whole pork leg is something you have to think about and prepare. Lucky for you I have done this for you so you can start right away.
How well is this recipe
- 1 piece whole pork leg
- 3 tbsp olive oil adjust to the size of your pork leg
- 1 part sea salt
- 1 part garlic powder
- 1 part onion powder
- 1 part paprika powder
- 1 part black pepper
For the wrap
- 1 piece pancake or wrap Adjust to the amount you're making
- 1 piece red onion
- 1 piece green lettuce
- 4 pieces sliced pickles or to taste
- 1 tbsp your favorite sauce
- 24 hours before smoking trim of the excess skin and splash on some olive oil and the seasoning.
- The next day unpack the leg and start a smoker on a temperature of 120°C/248°F. Place the leg on the smoker and close the lid. let it smoke for four hours.
- After for hours wrap the pork leg in aluminium foil and put it back in the smoker untill the meat reaches a core temperature of 96°C/205°F.
- Take it off the smoker and place it in a cooler for at least an hour. The longer the better.
- After resting the pork leg you can pull the meat and make some wraps.
Calories: 122kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 2gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gSodium: 132mgPotassium: 230mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 6791IUVitamin C: 10mgCalcium: 42mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.