When the opportunity arises to smoke a large chunk of meat I always get super excited. And when it’s a whole Iberico pork leg it’s even better.
Smoking a whole pork leg is something you have to think about and prepare. Lucky for you I have done this for you so you can start right away.
- A whole pork leg
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Garlic Powder
- Onion powder
- Paprika powder
- Black pepper
For the wrap
- Red onion
- Green lettuce
- Some pickle slices
- pickled jalapeño
- Your favorite sauces
- 24 hours before smoking trim of the excess skin and splash on some olive oil and the seasoning.
- Wrap the leg in butchers paper and tin foil and place it in the fridge so the seasoning can do its work.
- The next day unpack the leg and start a smoker on a temperature of 120°C/248°F. Place the leg on the smoker and close the lid. let it smoke for four hours.
- After for hours wrap the pork leg in aluminium foil and put it back in the smoker untill the meat reaches a core temperature of 96°C/205°F.
- Take it off the smoker and place it in a cooler for at least an hour. The longer the better.
- After resting the pork leg you can pull the meat and make some wraps.
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.