everybody loves a whole hog cook. I am going to show you how you can do one at home.I chose a piglet of around 8 kilos for this cook. We are turning it into the most tender and delicious pulled pork.
- 1 piece Whole pig or piglet
Injecttion fluid and mopping sauce
- 500 ml applejuice
- 125 ml maple syrup
- 125 ml honey
- 2 tbsp ketjap manis / sweet soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp worcestershiresauce
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp fine salt
Whole hog rub
- 1 part rock salt
- 1 part paprika powder
- 1/4 part curry powder
- 1/8 part onion powder
- 1/8 part garlic powder
- Start your smoker with a temperature of about 135°C (275F).
- Dry the meat and skin of the pig with some paper towels and trim of the legs.
- Make the injection fluid and put it in an injection needle. Stick it in the meat and get as much of the fluid in as you can.
- Now make the whole hog rub and sprinkle it al on the meat.
- Place the pig, skin side up, in the smoker and close the lid. Let the pig smoke for 4 hours.
- When the meat reaches a core temperature of 92°C (198F) we flip the pig and baste the meat with the mopping sauce till the meat reaches 98°C (208F).
- Take the pig out of the smoker and let it rest for at least hlaf an hour before you pull the meat.
Calories: 252kcalCarbohydrates: 64gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 1021mgPotassium: 279mgFiber: 1gSugar: 57gVitamin A: 127IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 58mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.