Beefribs can get a little bit expensive and I, for that matter, am to Dutch to accept that. I like to find really cheap BBQ alternatives that are absolutely delicious and shouldnt be sitting on the shelf. These Beef Ribfingers should be the star in every BBQ competition.Easy to make and accessible for everyone to get that nice Smoked BBQ Beefrib flavor at home.
- 2000 gram Beef Ribfingers
Beefrib BBQ Rub
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
Whiskey Cocktail Basting Sauce
- 150 ml whiskey
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 lemon
- 1 twig fresh mint
- Create a rub by mixing 2 tbsp salt, 1 tbsp paprika powder, 1tbsp onion powder, 1 tbsp chili powder, ½ garlic powder and 1 tbsp ginger powder.
- Lay your beefribs on a tray and cover all the beef ribfingers with the rub on both sides.
- Turn on the Burnhard Flint pelletsmoker and set it to a temperature of 120 degrees celcius.
- Place all the Beef Ribfingers on the grill grate and make sure your dripping tray is underneath all of them.
- Do a final check on the roverage of your BBQ rub and sprinkle the ones that seems to have not enough rub.
- Let them smoke for around an hour and flip them around. This way you get an even amount of bark.
- While they continue to smoke fill a glass with 150 ml whiskey. Add a tablespoon and slice a lemon in half. Get the juices of those 2 pieces of lemon in the glass and stick a twig of fresh min in the glass. This is your Whiskey Cocktail Basting Sauce.
- When the bark on your Beef Ribfingers seems equal on all sides it's time to baste your basting sauce with a brush. This will prevent them from drying out and reate even more bark and flavor.
- When they hit a temperature of 92 degrees celcius it's time to take them off and let it rest for around 15 minutes. Then it's time to feast.
This recipe is a must try party-sized recipe that goes really well together with for example Pinto beans sidedish or Smoked Brussels sprouts cherry slaw from chef Eric Gephart
Calories: 568kcalCarbohydrates: 48gProtein: 5gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.4gSodium: 14304mgPotassium: 676mgFiber: 11gSugar: 22gVitamin A: 5971IUVitamin C: 60mgCalcium: 120mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.