Sometimes you just want to eat a big, fat, juicy burger. And we made a lot of burgers in the past, but we wanted to try something different.We wanted to make the burgers in a smoker. The experiment worked out great. We made excellent triple burgers with a garlic mayonnaise.
- 500 grams ground chuck 20/80 fat ration
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 6 pieces slice cheese
- 2 pieces burger buns
- 1 tbsp Arugula
- 2 pieces pickles sliced
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 piece red onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic smoked if you got it
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 1 tsp pepper to taste
- I grind my own beef, but you can ask your butcher to do it for you. With the ground beef, you make meatballs of around 100 grams each, and push them down on a piece of parchment paper to make patties. Make the patties a bit bigger than the buns you have.
- Season all the patties with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Start your smoker with a temperature of 120ºC/248°F and place the patties gently on the grill grates, so they don’t break. Season the other side of the patties while they are on the grates, and close the lid.
- While the burgers are smoking, you can make the garlic mayonnaise. Make a puree of the cloves of garlic by pressing on them with the blade of a kitchen knife. Mix this with mayonnaise and lemon juice and bring it up to taste with salt and pepper.
- After thirty minutes, it is time to flip the burger patties. Let them smoke for another ten minutes, and then they are done. Place the cheese slices on top of the burgers the last five minutes of smoking.
- Cut open the buns and put a big spoon of the garlic mayonnaise on the heel of the bun. Then cover it with some arugula, pickles and three smoked burger patties.
- Top the burger with a bit of ketchup and onion slices before you put on the cap of the bun.
Calories: 1516kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 47gFat: 140gSaturated Fat: 34gPolyunsaturated Fat: 54gMonounsaturated Fat: 42gTrans Fat: 3gCholesterol: 229mgSodium: 5749mgPotassium: 960mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 346IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 137mgIron: 6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!