I love tri-tip. In my opinion, it’s the most underrated cut of beef. I like it as a nice steak, as a picanha, and this time I smoked it to the point, it’s almost pulled beef.Then I fried up a few tortillas to make the simplest but best tacos you’ve ever had. Just try it so you know I’m right.
- 1 Blender
- 1 tri-tip with a good amount intramuscular fat
- 50 grams chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fleur de sel
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 corn tortillas
- 2 tbsp onions diced
- 1 cilantro fresh
- Put the chipotle peppers with the olive oil in a blender and grind it down to a smooth paste.
- Rub the pepper paste on all sides of the tri-tip. Sprinkle on an even layer of salt and pepper.
- Fire up your smoker with a temperature of 160°C/320°F.
- Put the tri-tip in the smoker, place a thermometer in the thickest part of the meat and close the lid. Smoke the meat to a core temperature of 97°C/207°F.
- Take the meat out of the smoker and let it rest in some aluminium foil for at least half an hour.
- Cut the tri-tip against the grain into 1 cm thick slices.
- Fry up the tortillas in some beef fat or butter.
- Serve the smoked tri-tip in a tortilla with some diced onions and fresh cilantro.
Calories: 234kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 10gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 1962mgPotassium: 207mgFiber: 3gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 665IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 39mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.