We don’t show a lot of fish on our channels, and that is mainly because it isn’t a popular topic. But I love to eat and cook fish, especially when it’s from the barbecue.I smoked some stingray filets and served it with fresh pasta and grilled vegetables, and it was absolutely delicious.
How well is this recipe
- 1 whole stingray or filets
- 100 gram butter
- 3 tbsp sage leaves fresh
- 10 piece canned anchovies fillets
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp Fleur de sel
- 1 tsp pepper
- Cut the stingray into filets, or let the fishmonger do this for you. If you want to give it a try, just watch the video on how to do it.
- Start your smoker with a temperature of 100ºC/212°F. Clean the grates thoroughly and wipe them with some olive oil.
- Put the filets in and smoke them to a temperature of 45ºC/113°F.
- Chop fine the anchovies, do the same with the garlic. Sprinkle some salt on the cut garlic and use the tip of your knife to mash it into a paste.
- Put this with the sage leaves and the butter in a bowl. Use a fork to mix it all.
- Place the bowl in the smoker next to the fish so it can melt. Then you brush the stingray filets with it.
Calories: 202kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 3gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 13gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 762mgPotassium: 75mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 633IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 55mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.