We don’t show a lot of fish on our channels, and that is mainly because it isn’t a popular topic. But I love to eat and cook fish, especially when it’s from the barbecue.
I smoked some stingray filets and served it with fresh pasta and grilled vegetables, and it was absolutely delicious.
- A whole stingray or filets
- 100 grams of butter at room temperature
- 3 tbsp of cut fresh sage leaves
- 10 canned anchovies fillets
- 1 clove of garlic
- a pinch of fleur de sel and some ground black pepper
- Cut the stingray into filets, or let the fishmonger do this for you. If you want to give it a try, just watch the video on how to do it.
- Start your smoker with a temperature of 100ºC (212F). Clean the grates thoroughly and wipe them with some olive oil.
- Put the filets in and smoke them to a temperature of 45ºC (113F).
- Chop fine the anchovies; do the same with the garlic. Sprinkle some salt on the cut garlic and use the tip of your knife to mash it into a paste.
- Put this with the sage leaves and the butter in a bowl. Use a fork to mix it all.
- Place the bowl in the smoker next to the fish so it can melt. Then you brush the stingray filets with it.
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.