This is the simplified version of my roast in this video. It’s the ultimate rib roast for the holiday season or any celebration with a lot of people coming over. It’s a very primal but yet forgiving way of cooking such a huge cut of beef. It’s essentially the birth of BBQ in a dish.The standing Rib Roast is something you need to try if you already experienced a lot of roasts and smoking projects in your BBQ lifetime.
- 3 kg standing rib roast
- 1½ tbsp fleur de sel sea salt
- ½ tbsp black pepper
- Season your rib roast with salt and pepper on all sides except for the bone.
- Wrap a piece of aluminium foil around the bones of your rib roast.
- Fire up the smoker at a temperature of 160C/320F.
- Put the roast on with the thickest part towards the hottest part of the grill.
- Put a thermometer in and make sure you don't touche the bone with your probe.
- Smoke untill you reach a temperature of 54C/129F for around 3 hours depending on your roast size.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes and slice into this giant roast!
Calories: 895kcalCarbohydrates: 0.2gProtein: 41gFat: 80gSaturated Fat: 33gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 35gCholesterol: 181mgSodium: 1195mgPotassium: 667mgFiber: 0.1gSugar: 0.002gVitamin A: 2IUCalcium: 25mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.