The timeline of my social media exploded with pictures of queso dip. It’s the ultimate bbq appetizer at the moment. And for a good reason.
I made the best smoked queso dip recipe for you. So, invite your friends over, put some beer in the fridge, and start cooking. This recipe is enough for 15 to 20 people. When you need more just double the ingredients.
- 4 uncooked sausages
- 6 slices of bacon
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 600 gram of mixed grated cheeses
- half a liter of milk
- Start your smoker with a temperature of 190°C (374F). Put on a pan so it can warm up.
- Slice open the jacket of the sausages and take out the filling. Put it in the hot pan and break it into smaller pieces.
- Put the slices of bacon on the grates and close the lid so it can render down.
- When the sausage filling is fully cooked, place it in an oven tray. Crumble up the crispy bacon and mix it all up.
- Slice the peppers and onion and put it in with the meat. Top it with the grated cheeses.
- Put the oven tray back in the smoker. When the cheese has melted stir in a half-liter of milk. Serve it with some nacho chips and let the party begin.
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.