The pork tenderloin is the most used cut of meat all over the world. And for good reason, because it’s the most tender cut of pork.But it’s seldomly the star of the show and that’s also for good reason. It lacks flavor. I am going to show you how to fix that.
- 2 pieces pork tenderloin Adjust to the amount you need
- 1 piece jar of mild mustard
For the BBQ rub
- 1 part fleur de sel
- 1/2 part garlic powder
- 1/2 part onion powder
- 1 part paprika powder
- 1/2 part dried parsley
- 1/4 part ground black pepper
- 1/4 part curry powder
For the BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp coarse mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 drops habanero tabasco
- 1 tbsp the BBQ rub you made
For the stir-fried cabbage
- 1/2 piece cabbage
- 1 piece stick of celery
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Place the pork tenderloin in front of you and look for the tapered part. Fold this over so you get a uniform-sized piece that cooks evenly. Tie it up with some butchers twine to keep it together
- Brush on some mustard over the meat. Mix the ingredients for the bbq rub and sprinkle an even layer over the meat.
- Start up your smoker with a temperature of 120°C/248°F. Place the pork tenderloin in and close the lid.
- While the smoker does its work you mix the ingredients for the bbq sauce..
- Next, you are going to slice the cabbage and the celery. Put a cast-iron pan on the fire and put in a decent amount of olive oil. Add the cabbage and the celery and stir fry it until it’s soft.
- When the pork tenderloin reaches a core temperature of 55°C /131°F you heat up the smoker to a temperature of 180°C/356°F. Brush on the bbq sauce and wait till the core temperature of the meat is 65°C/149°F.
- Let the meat rest for 10 minutes, slice it up, and serve with the stir-fried cabbage.
Calories: 168kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 2gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 204mgPotassium: 239mgFiber: 3gSugar: 22gVitamin A: 255IUVitamin C: 43mgCalcium: 56mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!