Smoked Pinwheel Salmon on the BBQ is an impressive and delicious dish that is perfect for entertaining or just a special family dinner. The combination of smoky, savory flavors with the delicate and tender texture of the salmon makes for a dish that is sure to impress even the most discerning palates. In this recipe, we will walk you through the steps of creating this mouthwatering dish on the BBQ. With a few simple ingredients and some basic BBQ techniques, you can create a dish that will have your guests begging for the recipe. So fire up the grill and let's get cooking!
- 20 small sturdy skewers
- 2 kg salmon filets
- PitmasterX’s Classic BBQ rub
- ⅓ tsp sugar
- ⅓ tsp chili powder
- 4 grapefruits
- 30 grams mint
- 30 grams parsley
- 3 tbsp lime zest
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 400 grams cream cheese
- Sprinkle a light coating of BBQ rub on one side of the salmon.
- Chop a bunch of parsley and mint and zest a lime.
- Put it in a bowl together with regular cream cheese, salt and pepper.
- Mix it together and apply on top of the seasoned side of the salmon filets.
- Roll up the salmon and secure it with metal skewers on multiple sides.
- Slice the salmon into at least 3 finger thick slices.
- Make sure that the pinwheel is secure, otherwise stick in another pin or 2.
- Slice up 4 grapefruits into thick slices.
- Place all slices on to your cold BBQ.
- Place the pinwheels on top of the grapefruit.
- Finish by seasoning with ⅓ tsp of sugar and an optional dash of chili powder.
- Fire up your BBQ and set for the lowest temperature that is possible in your grill.
- If you are cooking in a charcoal grill, make sure you keep your temperatrure lower than 90°C/194°F
- Stick in a thermometer to keep track of the core temperature. Cook untill it hits a temperature of 45°C/113°F
- Serve a pinwheel with a little bit of parsley for decoration along with a small wedge of lime on the plate.
Calories: 786kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 72gFat: 44gSaturated Fat: 17gPolyunsaturated Fat: 10gMonounsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 251mgSodium: 755mgPotassium: 2016mgFiber: 3gSugar: 15gVitamin A: 3661IUVitamin C: 62mgCalcium: 164mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.