I like to cook pork. From the cheeks to the shanks. It’s all good. But this is the weirdest cut of pork I could find to put on the grill.Pig knees are not on the top of your mind when you want to grill something. But I dare you to try it and be surprised.
How well is this recipe
- 4 pieces Pig knees
- 1 cup Sea salt
- 1/4 cup raw cane sugar
- 1/4 cup ground black pepper
- Put the pig knees in a large ziplock bag. Mix the salt, sugar and pepper and cover the pig knees with it. Set it in the fridge for four hours.
- After dry brining them you brush off all the excess salt, sugar and pepper.
- Start up your smoker with an indirect temperature of 180°C/356°F. Put the pig knees in, place a thermometer and close the lid.
- Wait till the meat reaches a core temperature of 80°C/176°F. When the skin has dried out but not yet crispy you can help it a little. Stick the pig knees on a stick and rotate them above direct heat. You see the skin starting to crisp.
- Let the knees rest for 10 minutes before slicing them up.
Calories: 90kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 2gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 29900mgPotassium: 214mgFiber: 4gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 85IUCalcium: 88mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.