A couple of weeks ago, I made these lemon brined ribs. And while they were great, I really thought I should take it a step further.I made the ultimate lemon pepper dry rub by salting and smoking some sliced lemons. This way, I’ve got the most concentrated lemon flavour.
How well is this recipe
- 1 piece Pork ribs Adjust to the amount you want to make.
- 10 pieces Lemons
- 3 tbsp Table salt
For the smoked lemon pepper rub
- 1 part Smoked lemon slices
- 1/2 part Table salt
- 1/2 part Ground black pepper
- Slice up the lemons and place those slices on a grate in an oven tray and sprinkle on the salt
- Smoke them at a temperature of 140°C/284°F for four hours. They are ready when they are completely dried out. You don’t use the slices that are burned or still sticky.
- Cut the slices into smaller pieces and grind them in a blender until they all turned into a coarse powder.
- Mix up the ingredients for the lemon pepper dry rub with the lemon powder.
- Take the membrane of the ribs by sticking a dull dinner knife between the bone and the membrane. Lift the knife until you can get a finger underneath and then pull the membrane off the ribs.
- Sprinkle a light but even layer of the lemon pepper dry rub over both sides of the ribs.
- Lower the temperature in the smoker to 130°C/266°F and place the ribs, bone side down, on the grates and close the lid.
- Smoke them for around four hours until the meat is tender.
Calories: 57kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 3gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 16mgPotassium: 53mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 1IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 4mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.