If you want to really impress your friends and family, stop grilling brisket or pulled pork. Buy a leg of lamb and smoke it to perfection. With this recipe, they will keep talking about it for months.
Go to your butcher and ask him for a complete leg and start smoking. It is very easy to do and it keeps you busy for a couple of hours while you drink a beer or two.
- leg of lamb
- olive oil
- fleur de sell
For the salsa
- 500 grams of cherry tomatoes
- 250 grams of candy peppers
- 1/2 bulb of garlic
- 1 small white onion
- 1/2 tbsp of fresh oregano leaves
- a small handful of flat parsley
- 2 tsp of coarse salt
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Rub some olive oil on the lamb and sprinkle on some salt all over.
- Cut the onion and take the cloves out of the bulb of garlic. Put it in an oven tray with the tomatoes, candy peppers, oregano, parsley, salt and olive oil.
- Start up your smoker with a temperature of 140°C (284F). Put the leg of lamb on the grates and stick a core thermometer in the thickest part. Place the oven tray with the vegetables besides the lamb.
- Cook the lamb to a core temperature of 98°C (208F) and take it out of the smoker. Wrap it in aluminium foil and let it rest for half an hour.
- Take the roasted vegetables out of the tray and put it in a blender. Grind it down to a salsa. Decide for yourself if you like it chunky or smooth.
- Unwrap the lamb and pull the meat off the bones. Serve it with the salsa.
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.