It’s the season to start thinking about lamb. I show you how to make a deliscious lamb roast on the barbecue.The technique that i will use will make your eastern dinner the best you made so far.
We also need a sauce to go with the lamb. We are making a salsa verde. The salsa verde will break up the fat in the lamb. It’s a great combination.
- 3 kg lamb shoulders
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fleur de sel
Ingredients salsa verde:
- 1 handful flat leave parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large pickle
- 1 lime
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Woostershiresauce
- ½ teaspoon fleur de sel
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Rub your lamb shoulders with olive oil and sprinkle on the fleur de sel
- Fire up your barbecue and set up up to smoke over indirect heat with a chunk of oak smoke wood.
- Set your barbecue to a temperature of 120 degrees Celsius of 240 degrees Fahrenheit and place the lamb shoulders on.
- Let the lamb shoulders smoke fora bout 5 to 6 hours until they have reached a core temperature of 92 degrees Celsius or 198 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wrap the lamb shoulder in foil or butcher paper and place it in a cooler and let it rest for around 30 minutes.
- Makes your salsa by chopping fine the parsley, garlic, and the pickle. To that, you are going to add the juice of the lime. Mix in the rest of the ingredients and you’re done.
- Remove the bone from the lamb shoulder and slice it up. Serve it with the salsa verde.