It’s the season to start thinking about lamb. I show you how to make a deliscious lamb roast on the barbecue.The technique that i will use will make your eastern dinner the best you made so far.We also need a sauce to go with the lamb. We are making a salsa verde. The salsa verde will break up the fat in the lamb. It’s a great combination.
- 3 kg lamb shoulders
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fleur de sel
- 2 tbsp parsley flat leave
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 piece pickle large
- 1 piece lime
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Worcestersauce
- ½ tsp Fleur de sel
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Rub your lamb shoulders with olive oil and sprinkle on the fleur de sel.
- Fire up your barbecue and set up up to smoke over indirect heat with a chunk of oak smoke wood.
- Set your barbecue to a temperature of 120°C/240°F and place the lamb shoulders on.
- Let the lamb shoulders smoke fora bout 5 to 6 hours until they have reached a core temperature of 92°C/198°F.
- Wrap the lamb shoulder in foil or butcher paper and place it in a cooler and let it rest for around 30 minutes.
- Makes your salsa by chopping fine the parsley, garlic, and the pickle. To that, you are going to add the juice of the lime. Mix in the rest of the ingredients and you’re done.
- Remove the bone from the lamb shoulder and slice it up. Serve it with the salsa verde.
Calories: 826kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 95gFat: 46gSaturated Fat: 12gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 302mgSodium: 4349mgPotassium: 1447mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 214IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 85mgIron: 9mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.