I love BBQ Chicken. In fact, i love Chicken so much that i created this recipe to bring the best of BBQ Chicken together in one recipe; Smoked Fried Chicken. Together with a beautifull Alabama White sauce by Greek flavours, This Meal is going to make everybody happy on a Match-Day Sunday.
How well is this recipe
- 3 Aluminum trays
- 1 BBQ tong
- 1 Skottsberg deep cast iron pan
- 2 kg Chicken drumsticks
Nashville Spice mix
- 3 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp white pena pepper
Greek Alabama White Sauce
- 1 cup greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Applecider vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- ½ lemon the juice
- Create the Nashville Spice mix.
- Start up your Burnhard Flint and turn it to 40 degrees Celcius.
- let it smoke until you reach a temperature of 35 degrees Celcius.
- Prepare a bowl with 4 beaten eggs and a Quarter cup of buttermilk, a bowl of flower and a bowl of breadcrumbs. For better results i recommend using old bread as breadcrumbs
- Finish up the breadcrumbs and egg with a dash of the spice mix to your own taste.
- Dip the smoked Drumsticks into the flower, the egg and then the breadcrumbs and set it on a dripping tray
- Heat up a Deep Cast iron Skottsberg pan with Clarified butter or sunflower oil
- When the butter or oil reached a temperature of 180 degrees celcius you can start laying in the Drumsticks. Always lay in away from you to avoid hot splatters.
- Fry until the drumsticks look golden brown and serve with some of that Greek Alabama White Sauce. Add some more spice mix to taste and enjoy your meal.
Calories: 84kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 7gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0.2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.5gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.2gTrans Fat: 0.003gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 1813mgPotassium: 263mgFiber: 2gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 2466IUVitamin C: 10mgCalcium: 79mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.