This is going to be the first dutch national cheese recipe!
How well is this recipe
- 1 piece Gouda cheese a whole one
- 3 tbsp mustard
Rub for the cheese
- 1 part paprika powder
- 1 part onion powder
- ¼ part garlic powder
- ⅛ part cayenne powder
- 500 gram minced meat 50/50 pork/beef
- ½ piece onion diced
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp ketjap manis
- 1 tsp salt
- 250 gram broccoli
- 3 piece red onion
- 50 gram butter
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Cut the edges of your whole cheese, get rid of all that orange on the side.
- Use the cheese knife and slice the cheese in finger thick slices.
- Add all the ingredients for the rub in a spice shaker and give it a good shake.
- Grab a tray and put some butcher paper on the bottom and place the slices of cheese in the tray.
- Rub the cheese fully with mustard and sprinkle the rub all over the cheese.
- Fire up your barbecue and set the temperature at around 140°C/285°F.
- Put the tray in the barbecue and let it smoke for about 20 minutes, check regulair.
- Meanwhile start with the second dish.
- Put a little bit of butter in to the pan and let it melt.
- Add the minced meat in the pan and add the onions en garlic and stir it keep on grilling the minced meat until its crunchy.
- Add the fresh parsley and ketjap manis lower the heat and let everything get nice and sticky.
- Add some salt to your liking.
- Boil the broccoli.
- Slice the red onions in to onion rings.
- Get a pan and add a nice amount om butter in it, when that is molten put the sliced onions in to the pan.
- Add the sugar and the the onions caramelize.
- Put the cooked broccoli on top of the smoked cheese top that with the minced meat en top that with the caramelized onions.
Calories: 550kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 25gFat: 36gSaturated Fat: 16gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 2gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 1072mgPotassium: 720mgFiber: 4gSugar: 21gVitamin A: 1008IUVitamin C: 66mgCalcium: 92mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.