The reason many folks don’t like brussel sprouts is because they’ve never been served properly cooked Brussels sprouts.These Brussels sprouts are smoked and then made into a great sidedish with cherries.
- 2½ cups cherries tart, dried
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ¾ cup cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup dijon mustard
- ¾ cup mayonaise Dukes
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 pound sprouts Brussels
- Stabilize your kamado joe at 250F (120°C).
- Smoke the whole raw brussels sprouts for 10 minutes. We are not looking to soften the sprouts, just getting a bit of smoke on them before we shred them.
- Transfer the sprouts from the smoker to a food processor with an S-Blade plate set to 3/16” or use whatever shredding device you prefer. Transfer the shredded brussels sprouts to a large mixing bowl. Make sure there are no large pieces, remember this is a slaw.
- Marinate the dried cherries in the cider vinegar for 10 minutes
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor and add the rest of the ingredients except the oil and sprouts.
- Process the mixture and slowly incorporate the oil to form an emulsion.
- Add 1/2 the dressing to the mixing bowl with the shredded brussels sprouts and mix thoroughly, just be careful not to overdress the slaw. Add more dressing if necessary. The ratio should be 5 parts shredded sprouts to 1 part dressing.
Chef Eric Gephart is the Global Culinary Director for Kamado Joe, Content Creator and all around world adventurer. After spending years as a leader in the restaurant industry and as a teacher of all things delicious, Chef Eric has found a digital home for sharing his passion for both food and people. Please enjoy these unique recipes, thoughts and perspectives as we all begin this new chapter in our lives. For food related questions, comments or concerns as well as thoughts on partnerships please reach Eric via Instagram @EricGephart
Calories: 974kcalCarbohydrates: 64gProtein: 12gFat: 79gSaturated Fat: 11gPolyunsaturated Fat: 26gMonounsaturated Fat: 39gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 541mgPotassium: 486mgFiber: 7gSugar: 55gVitamin A: 455IUVitamin C: 30mgCalcium: 108mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.