Inside the bones of a cow there is something really delicious. It’s the bone marrow and it’s like butter but better. I called my butcher and ordered a lot of bones with bone marrow to turn it into something beautifull.When you aren’t sure about eating bone marrow, just watch the video that’s underneath the recipe and I know for sure you want to make this recipe.
- 10 ps cross cut bones with bone marrow
- 6 slices pancetta
- 4 ps white onion
- 1 tsp salt sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper ground black pepper
- 2 springs thyme fresh
- 2 ps lemon balm leaf
- 5 cloves garlic
- Lay the slices of pancetta in a large cast-iron skillet. Cut the onions into thick rings and lay these on top of the pancetta.
- Fire up your grill for indirect heat of around 140ºC (284F) and a chunk of smoke wood.
- Place the skillet in the grill and let it cook until the onions are soft and the pancetta browned.
- Ad the bone marrow on top of the onions and season them with salt and pepper. Stick the thyme, lemon balm and garlic cloves in between the bone marrow and close the lid.
- Smoke this until the bone marrow is soft enough to be easily scooped out. This takes about one and a half hours.
- Serve the bone marrow with the soft onions and some slices of pancetta.
Calories: 896kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 10gFat: 94gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 730mgPotassium: 71mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 310IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 17mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.